Sunday, June 30, 2013

9 Months

Tomorrow marks my 36th week of pregnancy meaning the start of the ninth/last month!!

I cannot believe how quickly and smoothly this experience has gone.  I get asked frequently if i'm sick of being pregnant and if I can't wait to have the baby and the answer is...yes, we are obviously beyond excited to meet this little one but I have honestly LOVED being pregnant and I don't want to rush through this chapter.

The nesting instincts have majorly kicked in and I can't think of anything else to clean; I've done the baseboards, drawers, doors, washed all the 0-3 month clothes, re-organized the kitchen, washed the blinds/windows/curtains, scrubbed the outside door, completely set up the nursery, put gender neutral clothes in the drawers, donated a pile to the DI, read at least an hour a day in varying pregnancy/birth books, set up a changing station in the living room, ...all I can think of that's left is to deep clean our car and to create a freezer full of frozen meals. Oh and to install the car-seat base and put together our hospital bag.

We are completely stocked on all that we think we need including diapers and wipes for at least a few months. I ordered the breast pump and humidifying a few days ago so that should be arriving, my parents have also sent the rocking chair our way and that will complete the nursery.  We have one more trip to take to Target to get a storage container for under the crib and other random things but after that we are totally good to go.  I have a huge 30 gallon container in the nursery right now that is waiting to be filled with clothes/blankets of the gender the baby is not- to be placed into storage.

So among all this how am I feeling? Wonderful! I'm sleeping from 10:30 pm-7:30 am each day without an alarm and it's amazing! I only ever wake up once to use the bathroom typically around 5:00 am and instantly fall back asleep- until I wake up starving!  I have noticed a bit of swelling in my toes and fingers at night but I blame most of that on the 100 degree plus heat we have been having. It isn't too comfortable to sit for long period so I find myself staying up swaying side to side and that seems to help. Still no stretch marks and I can still touch my toes, a talent Rich is very jealous of. My favorite exercises are to go to Seven Peaks and swim laps in the wave pool and take walks with Rich. 

This little one moves quite a bit and sometimes my whole stomach will get super tight- my mom says the baby is just preparing us on what is to come. There have even been times when my round belly has a protruding  limb and then the baby is done stretching.  

We head to the doctor tomorrow and then once a week until the baby comes.  Since there is a full moon July 22 and due to the historic "gravitational pulls" a full moon brings; that is when my dad and I think the baby is coming...

Here is to a great final month of pregnancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment