On December 20, 2012 we attended our first pre-natal visit. We were suppose to have an ultrasound done but at 2:00 pm the tech decided to go home so...we had to wait until today <<Christmas Eve>> to see our baby on the big screen!
We were, understandably, pretty nervous for our appointment but everything went wonderfully. I think it surprised the ultrasound tech that the baby measured exactly 9 weeks which was exactly on track with the date of my last period. After trying for nearly two years- trust me I know every time my period started.
Baby is healthy, just under an inch big, and has a heartbeat of about 170; the tech also assured me that there is only one baby inside- secretly I was hoping for twins.
When I was finally able to go to the bathroom and flush my full bladder away I broke down in the bathroom filled entirely with gratitude. Grateful that we have been given this miracle, grateful that I have a loving husband by my side who is as excited as I am and grateful for the journey we have traveled to be at this place.
Rich couldn't stop talking about how amazing the technology was the whole way home and kept say "our cute little guy". He later told me he wanted to literally jump for joy but thought that may be a bit much.
Just after our ultrasound; leaving the hospital on a snowy Christmas Eve |

You two are glowing! congrats on your miracle baby!
ReplyDelete