Sunday, July 21, 2013

Priesthood

Today we gave a Sunday School lesson on the Priesthood [I admit I secretly hoped I'd go into labor so we didn't have to teach...baby knew best]

The lesson went well with some good comments but it wasn't until the home-teachers came over today that the spirit hit me so strongly.  I asked Brother Davies to assist Rich in giving me a blessing of comfort for the last weeks of pregnancy; Brother Eddington also participated when he came by at just the right moment.  Blessings of comfort, physical and emotional strength, knowledge and support from friends and family were given along with insight to be the mother I am intended to be. The words touched me so deeply and truly put into perspective that it doesn't matter when this little one comes.

Upon closure of the blessing I asked Rich if he would like one as well.  This was an opportunity I am so grateful he took and I know it will provide the strength we will shortly need.  Blessings were given to Rich of patience and understanding of what to do and when to do it, in addition to a knowledge that we have been given one of Heavenly Father's choice children.

I am thankful for the gift of the Priesthood and I know of it's power to bless all the lives of those who will accept it.

No comments:

Post a Comment